I've just been to a talk on vision, so since I plan a future post on the evolution of colour vision, I thought I would post this video. It shows how eyes could evolve in small stages- as opposed to creationist propaganda that claims that evolutionists believe it all just happened to fall together. My future post will deal with just one of these small steps; the generation of a new photoreceptor.
To continue the ridiculing ridiculous claims, here is a genuine creationist argument for a laugh.
In case any creationists are reading, commercial bananas are the result of selective breeding - oh and they have different numbers of ridges, you have to climb trees to get them and they grow in malaria infested areas. Just don't mention coconuts!
Why do creationists not wax lyrical about other so called creations - like liver flukes, Ebola and the Black Death? Oh yeah, that's right, they kind of make the claim that their their pestilential god is somehow loving look rather stupid.
7 comments:
Excellent - another video to watch when I get home.
One quote got my attention from the science video…
“If it can grow, it can evolve.”
Makes sense to me… a foetus starts off with just a light sensus patch and goes through all the stages of the eye until the baby and eye is fully formed.
I wonder why the creationist reject this?
Oh, the banana video isn’t working for me at the moment – it says to try again later, so I will :)
Lee
Billy,
Watch this, but make sure you are not drinking anything
http://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=bdkRzkXbZ1M
Lee
That's one classy video Lee - love the 70s porn music. I must admit, that then he was comparing the ridges on the banana with those on his hand, my first thought was "he must have a strangely shaped penis."
Reminds me of a rather bad joke that I have adapted for creationists.
A group of scientists and a group of creationists are given a grant to discover why the end of the penis is shaped the way it is. After years of research, both groups are called in to present their findings.
The scientists provide a wealth of molecular, biomechanical and comparative anatomical evidence to support their theory that it has evolved that way to ensure efficient insemination and maximise stimulation for both sexes.
Next, the creationist gets up and says "After reading the bible, we believe that god made it that way to stop your hand flying off the end".
That has to beat your bad jike :-)
Very good - the wankers...
I think I have brought the level of dicuss down down to my level now, so I have better go.
Lee
Very good video (the first one).
Ray Comfort & Kirk Cameron are a joke. And to think I used to giggle as a child while watching growing pains - I feel so dirty :-)
I think I missed growing pains fortunately
Post a Comment