I went to see Whitesnake and Def Leppard the other night. One thing that struck me was the number of folk waving their hands in the air and jumping about. It superficially reminded me of the crazies in the previous video. Two songs in particular (below) caused an outburst of this behaviour. I was then struck by the obvious: this behaviour does not need a deity. All you need is something that touches an individual emotionally in the right way. All the breakdancing fundies are displaying is behaviour that can be triggered in many people. There is no holy spirit influencing them.
Interestingly, I have been to a few services where the minister has had a go at the congregation for not showing enough joy. I guess rock music is a better inducer of emotional outpouring than the holy delusion.
So, which do you prefer, These?or the miserable sound of psalms sung in Gaelic as done in Wee Free Churches (instruments are a sin).
At the end of Whitesnake's session, David Coverdale said "Be safe, Be happy and don't ever let anybody make you afraid". Words more inspirational and relevant to good living than those in the bible.
By the way, I asked the baby Jesus to show me if he was real by making Rick Allen (the one armed drummer of Def Leppard) grow a new arm.
I guess he is not real.
4 comments:
Ah, but maybe the drummer losing an arm developed the unity and will to suceed of Def Leppard that made them popular, so it's one of All Part of God's Plan things ;-).
Never a fan of Whitesnake, but quite liked Iron Maiden as a kid.
I did once read a crazy response to why why god does not heal amputees. Some fundie claimed the amputation was the healing.
I'm not a great fanof either group (although I like them). I was more lured by the fact both were playing. I went with Adam. His brother's band have supported Def Leppard in the past and they got a mention. Apparently one of them taught Joe Elliot some glaswegian "Away and lie in yer ain pish"
I think you should use that phrase on DM's blog :-)
I went to see Whitesnake and Def Leppard the other night.
he he... so they are still going then.
Def Leppard playing in Melbourne soon I think, but not for me, cannot afford it since I've got my tickets for Judas Priest in Sept but I'm not happy - $150 just to bloody stand up!!!!
F..k me, I still have an old ticket somewhere when I saw them back in '93, 9 pounds I think it was - the bastards.
Just like a church, just want you for your money.
Lee
PS
Cannot watch the videos at work, but I think I will be liking Def Leppard more :)
$150 That's a 50p circumcision - a rip off (Boom Boom)
The gaelic psalms are probably more likely to induce suicide than playing Ozzy backwards
Post a Comment