Friday, 14 November 2008

T. Rex, Warrior Or Wimp?

I linked to part of this program on the feeding behaviour of Tyrannosaurus rex in the previous post, but it is worth a view in its entierty.










Incidentally, David Houston was one of my Zoology lecturers

2 comments:

Philip said...

Just look at the size of the bloody thing, it didn't tickle its prey to death did it! :)

Very interesting insight there, I do like the end message of constantly testing science and its ideas, if only religion would do the same.

I must say, I have always had this image of T-Rex being the mightiest predator and I found myself laughing at the start when I started thinking - HEATHENS! Don't you dare question my T-Rex, for T-Rex was mighty and magnificent!

I think it is important to question pre-conceived notions of what we think is right, without doing that we would not get anywhere. Just because something is wrong or not quite right does not make it any less interesting, hell no, it makes it more interesting - its a puzzle to solve!

Lastly, I did like that comment about kids learning about T-Rex and other dinosaurs, I see great minds across the world, from Tea drinking lunatics to far more knowledgeable Paleontologists, think alike!

:)

Billy said...

Yeah, T rex got me into science too. I used to dig the garden in vain, looking for one. It probably wasn't the biggest, Giganotosaurus, Spinnosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus and possibly Deltadromeus were probably a few foot bigger. T rex had bigger teeth though, and is still "the daddy" . I've always wanted a piece of T rex, but its not cheap to say the least. The closest I've got is a Nannotyrannus tooth, which some claim is a juvenile T rex (I'm not convinced). Have teeth from the rest of the above (except Giganotosaurus though),